- Kiyosaki Tooru, born : April 8, 1947
- Hilo, Hawaii, U.S
- Net worth : $80 million
- Wife : Kim Kiyosaki
- Businessman, Author
Robert Kiyosaki is a famous businessman and bestselling author. His parents were not into business yet he traversed the path of business and entrepreneurship.
As a child, Robert did not have a prestigious lifestyle. his parents household income were just average. So who do you think inspired him and opened his eyes into the world of business?
Based in his book the Rich dad, Poor dad, Most of his classmates in school had rich family. To which became the reason why he and his best friend always felt left out.
Not wanting to experience that. started their journey to wealth (him and his bestfriend). Not only mentally but most especially financially. Which led them in meeting the Rich dad. The father of Robert Kiyosaki’s bestfriend. To whom is considered one of the richest man in Hawaii that time.
At a young age, he was taught by Rich dad the reality of the world and how it works. At the same time, he was always told by his Poor dad (his real dad) to have a safe, secure and high paying job and to specialize.
He was confused on which path to choose since he respected both of his dads
so he observed both of his dads.
- Poor dad. – greatly advocated school education. Ran for politics in the state of Hawaii but was unsuccessful. Spent all of his retirement savings on ice-cream franchise, failed and was left with none.
- Rich dad – had a lot of different businesses such as superette (convenience shop), warehouses, etc., was very wealthy and successful.
Having made up his mind. He followed the teachings of his Rich dad. To which was the reason of his success now.
- If You Want to Be Rich & Happy, Don’t Go to School? (1992)
- Rich dad, Poor dad (1997)
- Cashflow Quadrant (May 2000)
- Rich Dad’s Guide to Investing (June 2000)
- The Business School For People Who Like Helping People (March 2001, 2nd Edition, 2003)
- Rich Dad’s Rich Kid Smart Kid (2001), Rich Dad’s Retire Young, Retire Rich (2002) , Rich Dad’s Prophecy (2002), Rich Dad’s Success Stories (2003)
- You Can Choose to be Rich (2003)
- Rich Dad’s Who Took My Money? (2004)
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad for Teens (2004), Rich Dad’s Before You Quit Your Job (2005), Rich Dad’s Escape from the Rat Race (2005)
- Why We Want You to Be Rich: Two Men, One Message (2006) jointly written by Donald Trump
- Rich Dad’s Increase Your Financial IQ: Get Smarter with Your Money (2008) , Rich Dad’s Conspiracy of the Rich: The 8 New Rules of Money (2009), Rich Brother Rich Sister (2009) jointly written by Emi Kiyosaki
- The Real Book of Real Estate: Real Experts, Real Stories, Real Life (2010)
- An Unfair Advantage: The Power of Financial Education (2011)
- Midas Touch: Why Some Entrepreneurs Get Rich And Why Most Don’t (2011) jointly written by Donald Trump
- Why “A” Students Work for “C” Students and “B” Students Work for the Government: Rich Dad’s Guide to Financial Education for Parents (2013)
- (for more details of the book check out this site)
real estate investments
- Apartment houses (approx. 10 000 units)
- Commercial estate
- triple net lease
- real estate development
other business and ventures
- Oil business
- Nylon Velcro Wallets (during his earlier years)
- Financial and real estate education company
Robert Kiyosaki greatly emphasizes the four quadrant in his books which are the:
He greatly advocated to become a Business person or an Investor in order to be successful. To which in his case, to get out of the rat race and to stop living off from paycheck to paycheck.
To be able to secure your future not worrying about tomorrow, and even if you have stopped working your wealth continues to grow.
Robert kiyosaki had a lot of negative feedback and criticisms, to list a few:
- Rich dad – Articles and reports says he is not real, but others say he is.
- Financial and Real Estate Education Co. – Is overpriced with no real results coming from students who entered the program. To which some says there is
- Sharon Lechter suit – a partner of Robert Kiyosaki. Who filed a suit against him because of issues regarding their joint venture
- Shady Business methods
There are those who agrees to his philosophies, there are those who are so much against him. For me in some ways he opened my eyes when it comes to money and business. To which, his stories and philosophies even though non-fictional or not reflects and are happening to the real world that we have today.
If you want to know more about him just read his books and whatever your opinion is feel free to comment down below!